Edith Cowan University, University of Adelaide, Univeristy of Tasmania and University of Canberra along with ASD, ANU and AustCyber would like to invite High Schools at each of these locations to compete in the PeCan+ 2022Capture The Flag Competition!
The Pecan+ Capture the Flag (CTF) competition is open to high school students from Perth, Adelaide, Hobart, Launceston and Canberra who are in Year 10 or above.
PeCan+2022 is a jeopardy-style CTF in teams of 4 with difficulty levels for beginners, intermediate and advanced levels. There are more than 50 challenges that cover broad topics such as webex, steganography, cryptography, reverse engineering and digital forensics! Put your ethical hacking skills to the test and learn cyber security in a practical way!
Saturday is a fun training day where we will run through the art of Cryptography, Digital Forensics, Steganography, Reverse Engineering, and Software and Web exploitation – on the day all you need is a go-get-‘em attitude and problem-solving mind. We have online tutors there to support groups of students.
Sunday will be the competition day! Prizes are for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each division.
- First prize donated by Edith Cowan University: Arduino Learning Kits, Arduino coding books and Sponsor T-shirts
- Second prize donated by Trustwave: Intro to Pick sets and sponsors T-shirts
- Third prize donated by CyberCX: 6 month subscriptions to Pentester Labs
- Fourth prize donated by Canva: Mystery box
- T-Shirts sponsored by the AustCyber Wester Australia, South Australia, Tasmania and Canberra Cyber Security Nodes
Thank you to our sponsors Australian Signals Directorate, Microsoft, Bunnings, Cisco, ES2, and Seamless Intelligence.
DATES: 10am to 5pm (AEST) - Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th September 2022
Adelaide - Register
Canberra - Register
Hobart - Register
Perth - Register
For more information, please contact Dr Michelle Ellis - Michelle.Ellis@ecu.edu.au