The role of Partnerships Manager (Cyber & Government) is to provide the combined organisations of AustCyber and Stone & Chalk with comprehensive support on the delivery of our mission, with specific responsibility for the management of partnerships with Australia’s cybersecurity industry and Australian governments. The role also delivers other tasks requested by AustCyber’s CEO and the Group’s Head of Business Development and Enterprise from time to time in support of organisational achievement of programs and initiatives.
You possess a keen appreciation of how emerging technology is disrupting many industries across the world, but insight into the Australian and state-based industries too. You also understand and appreciate both the need and the challenge of outside-in corporate innovation and have ideally also been involved with startup-enterprise collaboration in the past. You are passionate about problem-solving.
You are a team player with excellent organisational and communication skills. You have an intimate understanding of the pitfalls of trying to innovate within a large, established organisation (public and/ or private sector) and can help advise, guide and ensure such organisations are sufficiently prepared to undertake these programs successfully, particularly when it comes to engaging with start-ups. This also means you can point to successes in account management or consulting, project management and business development, within the digital and emerging technology fields of the economy.
Ideally, you can demonstrate knowledge of the cybersecurity industry and/ or the ways of working in the public sector at the federal and/ or state and local levels. The appointment is on a full-time basis. Noting Stone & Chalk and AustCyber are non-profit entities, a competitive salary is offered plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Collaboratively identify partnership and customer opportunities relating to cybersecurity as well as governments (domestic and international), developing sophisticated value propositions and acting as the relationship manager and conduit for partner and customer activation.
- Lead the coordination and activation of partner deliverables working closely with other teams internally to ensure deliverables for partners and customers occur smoothly across different areas of the business and provide insights for business development opportunities.
- Manage commitments and deliverables with partners and customers, ensuring the engagement plans are clearly linked to overall strategy and effectively communicated.
- Drive activity and engagement across the AustCyber and Stone & Chalk partners network, ensuring they perceive the partnership’s value and are aware of the ways they can benefit from our combined organisation.
- Understand the different ways partners and customers would like to engage the combined organisation and capture that in engagement plans, in a way that can be clearly communicated internally. Ensure all outcomes to be achieved through engagement plans are measurable and then measured and available as feedback and for continuous improvement.
- Foster long-term business relationship with partners and liaise with multiple stakeholders to help large organisations evolve their culture by innovating from the outside-in and support them in achieving great business value.
Essential skills and experience
- • Strategic and lateral thinker who is comfortable with uncertainty.
- • Demonstrated project management experience in complex environments and a commitment to share lessons learned and to implement best practices.
- • Outstanding communication skills including the ability to simplify complex concepts into clear written and verbal material.
- • Stakeholder management, including working with stakeholders from different backgrounds with often competing agendas.
- • Experience analysing data trends and client information to identify process improvement initiatives and growth opportunities.\
- • A clear understanding of economic growth pathways for startups and small businesses.
Desirable skills and experience
- • Experience working in the cybersecurity, or related, sector.
- • Experience working in or closely with the public sector.
- • Experience in account/ client management.
- • Experience working with and or demonstrated knowledge of different forms of capital as part of company growth strategies.
Please detail (1) Your full name & (2) Role title Partnerships Manager Cyber & Government – Stone & Chalk/ AustCyber Group in the subject of all email applications.
We accept video, resume, cover letters, portfolios, etc. – however you best shine and ensure your application illustrates your skill and experience as the best match for this role. Please send your application for consideration to Helen Wright email@example.com