Full-time, Sydney or Canberra based
The Marketing Manager’s role is to provide the combined organisation of AustCyber and Stone & Chalk with comprehensive support on the delivery of our mission, with specific responsibility for marketing communications.
Reporting to the Head of Communication, Media and Events, you are an exceptional storyteller with a deep knowledge of all digital channels, outstanding written and verbal communication, experience in CMS and website integration, and the ability to create and implement content across various platforms and media channels.
- Work with the Communications, Media and Events team to develop and implement national marketing strategies, ensuring alignment with Stone & Chalk Group’s priorities and brand.
- Manage end-to-end marketing projects and campaigns - including lead generation and awareness objectives; from strategy and planning, content creation and execution, to reporting and analysis.
- Manage digital marketing channels including EDMs, paid ads, social media, landing pages and marketing automation.
- Content creation - including the identification of stories from startups, partners and supporters; and their dissemination across our owned media channels and external distribution networks.
- Develop and manage partnerships with affiliates to drive referrals and deliver value to our customers.
- Manage external agencies (including creative and PR) on key projects and deliverables.
- Collaborate across teams and departments to drive and develop an effective marketing strategy.
- Track appropriate metrics to deliver strategic insight-driven content and ensure reporting against activities.
- Support the delivery of commercial outcomes for Australian startups.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience creating engaging content (blogs, news, video, etc.), with a knack for identifying great stories and angles to drive key messages and objectives for the business.
- Strong copywriting skills and an understanding of SEO basics.
- Experience working with freelance writers.
- An understanding of how to build, manage and track customer acquisition channels, and knowledge of how to optimise lead generation activities with an ability to measure and act on CAC & LTV.
- Event marketing experience.
- Great at building relationships with key players in the community ecosystem and a passion for helping startups and founders succeed.
- Experience with Hubspot, paid ads (Facebook, Google) and Google Analytics.
- Good judgment, professionalism and strong interpersonal skills.
- High integrity, tact, a positive attitude and can foster a culture that values critical thinking and problem solving.
- Possesses an influential and welcoming communication style and encourages constructive feedback, engagement, inclusion and diversity at all levels.
- Ethical and accountable; able to show flexibility and resilience and think commercially and strategically.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working in an emerging tech or related sector.
- Experience working in or closely with the public sector.
Please email your application as follows to email@example.com.
Subject: <<YOUR FULL NAME>> for Marketing Manager.
Attach (1) resume (2) cover letter (3) salary expectations.
Please ensure you have working rights for Australia.
Applications close at 5pm on 9 November 2021.
Stone & Chalk is Australia’s leading Impact Network™ for the emerging technology sectors. Together with their resident founders, mentors, investors, and industry and government partners they have a proven track record in providing growth and commercialisation support for startups and scale-ups. Residencies in their innovation hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide provide access to customers, capital, talent, expertise & community collaboration opportunities.
AustCyber is the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network. Established in 2017, AustCyber’s mission is to grow a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security sector and in doing so, enhance trust in Australia’s economy and improve sovereign cyber capabilities available in defence of the nation. Its National Network of Cyber Security Innovation Nodes support a cohesive ecosystem that is responsive to the cyber security needs of all sectors.
Together, our integrated organisation exists to identify, nurture, connect and propel those who are seeking to solve the world's most pressing business and social challenges. In this sense our founders, partners, investors and mentors – are shaping the future, together. We are committed to catalysing commercial success for startups and helping scale-ups export through our curated communities and flagship programs across emerging technology in order to help Australia achieve Sovereign Domestic Industrial Capability in strategically significant sectors.