Research, develop and deliver unique new features for the CipheriseTM authentication framework.
Advancements in cyber security technology produced in Australia, which will mitigate compromises on user information and data.
The AustCyber Projects Fund is a $15 million, three-year initiative designed to help the Australian cyber security industry grows and takes ideas globally. Since launching in 2018, AustCyber has provided this funding to projects that are making a real contribution to growing Australia’s cyber security ecosystem, guided by the Sector Competitiveness Plan.
One of the participants in AustCyber’s Projects Fund was Forticode, who used their involvement in the Projects Fund Program to continue the research, development and deliverance of unique new features for the CipheriseTM authentication framework.
Two key challenges facing the cyber security industry have been identified by Forticode’s research and development team:
- The ongoing presence of brute-force cyber attacks on compromised secrets
- Service providers consuming the private data of subscribers (i.e. real data owners) without their knowledge
Forticode is tackling these issues with its patented security authentication solution CipheriseTM. The powerful solution has the potential to eradicate fraud and identity theft across any system where a user is required to authenticate, preventing fraud before it happens rather than detecting it after it has occurred.
About Forticode - Cipherise
Forticode is a digital security company that develops specialised, technically complex and unique authentication solutions.
Aligning with their vision to offer Australian businesses decentralised authentication‐basis solutions that allow users to be in control of their credentials, they released their product CipheriseTM, a powerful solution counteracting identity theft and fraudulent activities.
Through the Projects Fund program, Forticode enhanced its technology to offer two key solutions to the challenges mentioned above. Firstly, through their new, unique approach, secrets pertaining to an individual can now be stored in the form of an indeterminate cipher challenge and solution, allowing simple secrets to be evaluated in a way that cannot be brute forced.
Secondly, to prevent service providers from consuming subscribers’ data without their knowledge, the technology allows remote control and encryption/ decryption of data, and service providers will be dependent on authorisation from data owners to access and use data.
To deliver these two solutions Forticode has researched, developed and tested further enhancements to the CipheriseTM product solution offerings, focusing on five unique enhancements to their existing authentication solution CipheriseTM:
- The process allows standard cryptographic keys to be encoded, such that keys are randomly modified and divided no known machine-based methodology can recreate them.
- A hardware technology that allows the CipheriseTM system to provide physical security controls in real work
- Capability to include external sensor information as mathematical inputs to the Cipher / Crypto process that underpins CipheriseTM.
- The ability for CipheriseTM to act as a “present key” to access encrypted data stored on any system.
- Enable CipheriseTM to be capable of providing a service that will allow independent verification of personally identifiable information without the need to share PII data. This also enables CipheriseTM to be used in voting.
These newly developed, unique functionalities are also helping CipheriseTM to broaden industry coverage.
Learn more about Forticode at their website.
Stay up to date with news and opportunities from AustCyber by signing up to the newsletter.
Find out more about the other projects involved with the AustCyber Projects Fund.