Employment: Full-time, twelve-month contract, Canberra-based
The role of the Communication, Events and Engagement Advisor is to provide AustCyber with comprehensive support on the delivery of our mission, with specific responsibility for communication, marketing, event and engagement activities.
Reporting to the Head of Communication, Media & Events, you are an exceptional storyteller with experience in content strategy, a great knowledge of all digital channels, outstanding written and verbal communication and experience in CMS and website integration. With these experiences and skills, you will have the ability to create and implement content across AustCyber’s various platforms and media channels and support the delivery of virtual, hybrid and in-person events.
- Support the Head of Communication, Media & Events to develop, implement and evaluate an integrated Communication Strategy and associated plans.
- Administer and evaluate AustCyber’s digital presence, including website, ‘OzCyber Unlocked’ podcast and social media channels.
- Develop a broad range of written materials and other collateral – including writing, editing, and advising on organisational newsletters and other publications, as well as articles and editorial features for external communication channels.
- Dissemination of content across AustCyber’s owned media channels and external distribution networks.
- Support, and where requested lead, delivery of AustCyber’s events (including Australian Cyber Week 2021) and external events/related activities of relevance and interest to the organisation's mission, acting as a contact point for incoming enquiries and developing proactive initiatives.
- Maintain ongoing communication tailored to the key stakeholders identified in the Communication Strategy.
- Measure and report on the impact of communication across all channels, including performance relative to the industry segment and performance improvement based on those metrics.
- Undertake a variety of general tasks, including responding to third-party requests to reproduce the organisation's communication and media work or use the organisation's branding and copyright queries; the ongoing development and maintenance of communications-related guides and tools for stakeholders; and relevant administrative activities.
- Manage external agencies on key projects and deliverables.
- Ensure designated project tasks are kept to schedule and all milestones and deadlines are met.
- Demonstrate a commitment to share lessons learned and to implement best practices.
The role also requires identification and maintenance of key relationships with stakeholders relevant to communication and engagement activities, and the ability to liaise and communicate confidently with a diverse range of people.
The successful candidate will have initiative and independence, but must work well in a small team and be responsive to tasking by a high performing team that is distributed across Canberra and Sydney. The ability to travel interstate for short (usually 1-2 days) periods is a requirement of the position.
Desirable skills and experience:
- Event management experience
- Experience working in an emerging tech industry segment.
- Experience working in or closely with the public sector.
Please email your application as follows to email@example.com
Subject: <<YOUR FULL NAME>> for Cyber Communication, Events & Engagement Advisor
Attach (1) resume (2) cover letter (3) salary expectations.
Please ensure you have working rights for Australia.
AustCyber was established in 2017 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation. We are largely funded by federal government grants and form a part of two national programs:
- We are part of the federal government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative which was established through the National Innovation and Science Agenda. AustCyber is one of six centres that have been set up in sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority to boost innovation and science in Australia.
- We are an important part of Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy as a key enabler for cyber security research and development, as well as innovation.
Our program of activities is underpinned by evidence gained through extensive research and consultation. Our flagship Sector Competitiveness Plan and Industry Roadmap outline the opportunity for Australia's cyber security sector to support growth across the whole economy. We are guided by our Board of esteemed members who have significant industry experience. Our team come from a variety of backgrounds including academia, government and industry.
For more information, visit: www.austcyber.com