To estimate industry revenue and revenue growth by segment and the share of demand currently met by Australia firms, a proprietary model was built based on a range of data sources, including Gartner and IDC. ((Footnote 98: Market size by country obtained from Gartner (2016), Information Security, Worldwide, 2014-2020, 3Q16 Update; software market share data obtained from IDC (via custom data requests).)) The assumptions for market share and export share for Australian firms are shown in Exhibit A1, as well as the source of those assumptions.
The size of the prize
The size of the prize was calculated by averaging the potential uplift in performance of each of the three initial focus segments from two different methodologies. Details of this approach are outlined in Exhibit A2.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Global Outlook for Cyber Security
- 2. The Potential of Australia’s Cyber Security Industry
- 3. Challenges to Australia’s Cyber Security Industry
- 4. Building a Competitive Australian Industry
- 5. The Role of ACSGN
- Appendix A: Industry Knowledge Priorities
- Appendix B: Methodologies and Assumptions