AustCyber’s mission is to support the development of a vibrant and globally competitive Australian cyber security sector.
Part of the Stone & Chalk Group, the largest innovation community in Australia, at AustCyber we:
- Grow and connect Australia's cyber security ecosystem
- Promote and export our cyber security to the world
- Help make Australia the leading centre for cyber security education.
We are a purpose driven organisation with no commercial interests in the solutions we offer.
We support cyber security companies and professionals, including established corporations, small to medium enterprises, startups, and scaleups.
We foster a collaborative cyber community of corporates, founders, mentors, experts and partners to enhance Australia’s future economic growth in a digitally enabled global economy.
We ensure cyber security entrepreneurs, businesses, and governments have everything they need to adapt and thrive in an age of cyber security disruption to be future-ready.
We strive to create a thriving and connected cyber security ecosystem in Australia through local and international collaboration, information sharing, insight curation, and tackling challenging issues of tomorrow with emerging technology today.
To grow a globally competitive cyber security community, we:
- Advocate for policy reform.
- Deliver key initiatives.
- Foster commercial relationships.
- Make valuable connections.
- Thought leadership
- Innovate with emerging tech.
We’re Cyber Security by Design - where emerging tech enables innovation in cyber security in Australia.
Founded in 2017 as an independent objective Industry Growth Centre, AustCyber was funded by federal government grants to form a part of two national programs:
- The Industry Growth Centres Initiatives, established through the National Innovation and Science Agenda – AustCyber is one of six centres set up in sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority to boost innovation and science in Australia.
- Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy, as a key enabler for cyber security research, development, and innovation.
AustCyber’s program of activities is underpinned by evidence through research and consultation with the cyber security sector, and our flagship Sector Competitiveness Plan and Industry Roadmap outline opportunities for industry growth.
We’re guided by a Board of esteemed members who have significant industry experience from a variety of backgrounds including academia, government, and industry.