What we do
AustCyber is the Australian Cyber Security Growth Network..
We exist to:
Some of our current priorities are:
- To set up a national network of AustCyber nodes,
- To build a pipeline of skilled cyber security professionals, and
- To support cyber security solutions from initial set up to export.
We also manage a Projects Fund which provides matched funding to industry-led projects that meet our criteria.
AustCyber was established in 2017 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation. We are funded by federal government grants and form a part of two national programs:
- We are part of the federal government’s Industry Growth Centres Initiative which was established through the National Innovation and Science Agenda. AustCyber is one of six centres that have been set up in sectors of competitive strength and strategic priority to boost innovation and science in Australia.
- We are an important part of Australia’s Cyber Security Strategy as a key enabler for cyber security research and development, as well as innovation.
Our program of activities is underpinned by evidence gained through extensive research and consultation. Our flagship Sector Competitiveness Plan and Industry Roadmap outline the opportunity for Australia's cyber security sector to support growth across the whole economy.
We are guided by our Board of esteemed members who have significant industry experience. Our team come from a variety of backgrounds including academia, government and industry.
You can sign up to be a 'Friend of the Network' to get the latest updates on our events and activities.